A regular microwave is an important component for every kitchen owner. However, most people feel puzzled about installing their microwave in the right place because of several reasons.
When you are going to put your regular microwave over the stove, you should keep in mind safety, place, and other elements.
So, can you put a regular microwave over the stove? The official answer is yes; you can put your regular microwave over the stove without any problems.
However, I recommend you install it in a tight place. You need to put your microwave at a minimum safe distance for mounting other types of products.
Now, if you think that you need to install your new microwave over the stove, then this article may be one of the best resources for you. So, let’s get started with the article right now.
Can You Put A Regular Microwave Over The Stove?
From this section, you will get detailed answers to easily put your regular microwave over the stove. However, let’s check out the following method and the steps to put the microwave without any kind of problem.
Need To Some Tools:
- Wood boring drill bits
- Stud finder
Prepare Your Microwave For Installation
Can you put a microwave over gas stove or over the range? Yes, you can put it. But, you should keep in mind that you need to prepare your microwave oven for installation.
You need to do two things for preparing the installation.
- Measure the existing installation area with your new microwave. You can use measure tape to measure the cabinet and the microwave. It is easier for you if you have the best microwave for the inside cabinet.
- Don’t forget to measure top to bottom and left to right properly. You may also need to ensure that you have enough space.
Remove Your Old Microwave
Before installing the new microwave, you should remove the previous one. Check out the following 3-steps to remove your old microwave without any damaging problem.
- First of all, you need to remove your support screw. You can use a screwdriver to remove the support screw.
- Now, you need to pull out the microwave. You just need to use your two hands to pull it. After that, it is easily pulling out of the microwave.
- Finally, you should remove the old bracket. You may find the nuts and bolts from the bracket, which you need to remove appropriately to install a new one.
Install Your New Mount Bracket
After removing the older mount bracket, you should install the new one right time so that the measurement helps you a lot. Well, check out the following 6 steps to install a new bracket.
- Step 1: First of all, you need to mark the stud for installing the mount bracket.
- Step 2: Now, position the wall template. You will get a map with the bracket. Take the map, attach it to the wall, point to the center and other areas, and don’t forget to mark it.
- Step 3: After that, you need to drill the toggle holes which you already built. You can use a drill machine to make the holes.
- Step 4: Drill the pilot holes. Remove the map and drill the pilot hole with the bits which you already purchase.
- Step 5: Now, it is time to drill the cabinet base. You need to remove the template and drill inside the cabinet.
- Step 6: Finally, install the mount bracket. Keep your bracket on the holing areas and screw it properly so that the bracket installs properly. Check out that the screws anchor properly and tightly.
Install Your New Microwave Over The Stove
How to put a microwave over the stove? You will need to complete a simple process which I describe in the following section. If your question is also, can you put a microwave above a stove? Then you can also check out the following section.
- Step 1: Align your fan with the exhaust duct. If you want to align the fan, you need to remove the fan from the screw properly.
- Step 2: Secure your damper kit if you think that it is insecure. To install the vent damper, you can use a damper kit and also follow the manufacturer’s guides.
- Step 3: In this step, you need to cut the woodblocks to get the height of the cabinet. It would help if you drilled this area and taped it properly.
- Step 4: After that, pull your microwave cord through the hole. It is easy to do because you just need to pull the cord.
- Step 5: After inserting the microwave over the stove, you need to lock the mount bracket to keep your microwave safe.
- Step 6: Test Your Microwave after completing the above steps. Plug with electricity and open your microwave. However, if your microwave is not working, then you will let me know the following comment box.
FAQs: Frequently Ask Questions
Q: Is Microwave Above Stove A Good Idea?
Answer: According to my experience, it is good to put the microwave above the stove. However, if you plan to install your microwave above the stove, you can do this without any hassles. But should also keep in mind some safety measurements.
Q: Can You Put A Microwave Above A Gas Range?
Answer: Of course, you can put your microwave above a gas range. Even a couple of microwaves manufacturer design the microwave for installing the gas range. I hope that you can understand whatever I say to you.
Q: Can You Mount A Regular Microwave Over A Stove?
Answer: The straightforward answer is yes, you can put a regular mount microwave over the stove. But, you should install the mount bracket properly.
Q: Is It Safe To Mount A Regular Microwave Oven Over A Stove?
Answer: Yes, it is safe to mount a regular microwave oven over a stove. You can secure it to keep enough space and use the solid mount bracket and properly install it.
You can check out the above installation method to put your regular microwave oven over a stove.
Q: Can I install A Countertop Microwave Over The Stove?
Answer: I think so. But you need to know that your microwave and countertop have enough space for installation.
On the other hand, you should also keep in mind the safety distance and other elements. But, I recommend you avoid this if possible to do.
Q: How Far Does A Microwave Need To Be Above A Gas Stove?
Answer: According to National Kitchen and Bath Association, the microwave bottom area should be no longer 54″ above your floor. And the cooktop should be 36-inches.
So, when you or your technician install the product, you need to keep in mind this measurement.
Q: Where Should I Hide My Microwave In My Kitchen?
Answer: You can hide your microwave in your kitchen over the rage, over the gas stove, over the stove, and a couple of areas.
You should hide your microwave in a place where your microwave is safe from the kids, and you can also use the microwave.
can you put a regular microwave over the stove? It is a common question for a beginner kitchen owner. Most kitchen experts install the microwave upper cabinet and use the sensor cooking microwave oven for over the stove.
Whatever, I hope that this article helps you a lot to install your microwave over the stove.
Articles Worth Reading:
- Can You Put An Over The Range Microwave In A Cabinet?
- Can You Put A Microwave Inside Another Cabinet?
- Can You Cook Frozen Chicken In The Microwave?
- Is It Safe to Put a Microwave Inside a Cabinet?
- Can You Use Saran Wrap in The Microwave?
- Can You Defrost Bacon in The Microwave?
- Can You Microwave A Starbucks Tumbler?
- Can You Put Microwave Next to Stove?
- Can You Microwave Red Solo Cups?
- Can Microwaves Make Food Crispy?