How Many Amps Does A 1100 Watt Microwave Use? Microwave Hack

A microwave is a kitchen appliance that every person needs. It is something that we use every day for our foods and has become part and parcel of our life. However, to understand how many amps does a 1100 watt microwave use, you have to dig deeper.

Understanding electricity and the appliances it powers is a little tricky. But, I came up with a solution that can help you understand the matter. I have decided to do some research and found out a few things that can clear your confusion.

Here you will find almost all the necessary information regarding how many amps does an 1100 watt microwave use. Moreover, after reading this article, you will also learn how microwaves and electricity works.

How Many Amps Does A 1100 Watt Microwave Use?

Understanding how much amp a microwave oven draws is a simple equation. All you have to do is follow some simple math and steps. However, I have a different topic to describe how to calculate the amp. But here, you want to know how many amps does 1100 watt microwave draw.

How many amps does an 1100 watt microwave use
How many amps does an 1100 watt microwave use?

It would help if you did simple dividing math, like 1100 watt/120v = 9.16 amps. You see, it is not very hard to figure out the amp. Most of the electric appliances you use in the US have a limit of 120v as it is the initial input. It also settles how many amps 1100 watt microwave draws.

But remember that different companies have their initial specification and it describes all the items. So, if you are looking for wattage, amperage, volt, you will find all the necessary information related to a plaque.

How Many Amps Does a Microwave Use?

A microwave has a different watt range, and other companies make them in different patterns. But a microwave always draws an amp depending on the Voltage. Not all electric lines have 120 volts or 220 volts. The input power rate of the microwave has a significant role in drawing the amp/current.

An important note is that all US standard electric lines have 120v electricity. So, a microwave oven that you use in the US is also 120v. I figured out the best thing would be to show you how to calculate.

The equation of AMP is Power Rating/Voltage = Amperage.

For example, if you use a microwave over 1000 watts. Then it would use 1000 watts/120v= 8.333 Amp. But keep in mind not to use this method in all situations. Consulting someone who has experience of working professionally is the best choice.

Keep in mind that a microwave oven or most heavy electric appliances do not provide the same current output as the input current. Most of the time, there is a 35% chance of power loss during the process. It means you will have 65% efficiency.

Let's Check: Mute Microwave 

How Many Amps Does a 1500 Watt Microwave Use?

You can always have a microwave oven that uses 1500 watts or more. I have already done an equation and showed you how to calculate it. But I will do another one to make sure you become transparent with it.

The equation is power rating/ voltage= amperage. So, for the 1500 watt microwave oven, it is 1500watt/120v = 12.5 amps. For ease, I also will provide a list of usage of amperage. That is:

· 1100 W Input – 9.16 Amps

· 1300 W Input – 10.83 Amps

· 1500 W Input – 12.5 Amps

· 1700 W Input – 14.16 Amps

· 1850 W Input – 15.14 Amps

I hope it will allow you to understand how many amps for an 1100 watt microwave. It is essential information that can save you electricity and also avoid any accidents. Day by day, we are getting lazier, and we do not look back.

Sometimes, we forget what appliances we plugged in and are on. So, it is another way to get our heads around.

Benefits of Understanding Current or Amp

Well, in this world of technology, our life is dependent on electrical appliances. No matter what we do, we can not ignore the fact of need.

But, using a product or having a machine at home without understanding how current or amp is working with watt and other areas. It is too big of a risk that you should not take.

People think it is tough to understand how this cycle works. But it is easy, and in short of understanding, you need 1 minute. That is, for an electrical appliance to work, every item needs to be balanced.

You see, if your Voltage is too low, a device will not work. It is not just Voltage; it’s everything.

However, to run an appliance or device in US standard, it must remain 120 volts. If it fails, then the device may ruin the parts or get destroyed. 1100 watt microwave.

How many amps is that? It’s only 9.16amps. Thanks to the equation, you can quickly figure it out. For a 120v line, it is an easy game to run the microwave oven.

FAQs [Frequently Asked Questions]

You are here to know how many amps does an 1100 watt microwave use, and I thought you should know the easiest way to figure that out. But you can still have a few questions in mind about the microwave oven, and those are:

Q: What Size Breaker Do I Need for a 1000 Watt Microwave?

Answer: You have to use a 20amp breaker to run the 1000 watt microwave.

Q: How Many Amps do a 1500 Watt Microwave Use?

Answer: A 1500-watt microwave oven needs at least 12.5amps to run smoothly. However, it does require more to sustain a balanced performance.

Q: How Many Amps do a Microwave Use?

Answer: It depends on the microwave, how many amps it needs. What I mean is that different microwave companies have additional requirements for power input. The input ratio gets divided with 120V (standard US). The result is the amp rate.

Q: How Many Amps do a 1000w Microwave Draw?

Answer: To run a 1000 watt microwave, you will need 8.3amps. It is simple, follow the equation, and you can find the answer you are seeking.

Q: How Many Amps is a 1200-watt Microwave?

Answer: It is the same as before; you will need ten amps to run after doing the equation.

Q: What size Breaker Do I Need for a 1000-watt Microwave?

Answer: In the circuit breaker case, you need at least 20amps for a 1000 watt microwave. It is because you need at least 200% more coverage for the appliance to run smoothly. So, 20amp is the safe spot for a 1000-watt microwave.

Watch the Video for Understanding Testing Wattage of Microwave Oven.

Warming Up.

How many amps does a 1100 watt microwave use? That was the question you had. I hope you got your answer and now can easily make the decision. A microwave is such an essential part of our daily life.

Those who are working hard every day from morning till evening have very little time to spare. Thanks to the microwave, you can now efficiently heat your food or prepare your food in seconds.

It is not hard to measure or calculate how many amps you need for the electrical appliance you are using. It is simple and easy, do the equation and find the specific number.

Initially, an 1100-watt microwave takes 2200 watts to run. Because if a product consumes a certain amount of wattage, then it needs double to run.

So, if you are using a 100-watt device, you will need at least 200watts to run on the first go. It is simple, and if your electric line does not match the requirement. The device may get ruined easily, and it can even burn.


Articles Worth Reading:

Summary
How Many Amps Does A 1100 Watt Microwave Use? Know Here
Article Name
How Many Amps Does A 1100 Watt Microwave Use? Know Here
Description
You will find pertinent information regarding how many amps does an 1100-watt microwave use. Here in this article, there is information describing how much power the microwave needs and how to measure amperage.
Author
Publisher Name
Cook Shout Website
Publisher Logo

Leave a Comment