Surprisingly, there are still many people who do not know what left hand microwaves are. They are amazed to hear about this type of microwave.
Microwave manufacturers make left hand opening microwaves to make it easier for left handed people to use the microwave.
It’s good to know that not all types of microwaves are designed for left handed people.
Now I will discuss in detail what is your left hand microwave, where it is available, which brand of microwaves are the best in the market.
Read this article very carefully to know more about this. If you find any microwave user you know who can use suitable hand microwaves, you must try to alleviate their trouble by sharing this article with them.
Top 5 Left Hand Microwaves 2021 [You Must Know]
If you buy a thing at a higher price for your comfort, it will not feel good if it does not provide good performance. To deliver your cooking performance, we have searched for the best left-hand microwaves on the market that is top-rated rich.
- Best For Overall : Toshiba EC042A5C-SS Countertop Microwave Oven
- Best Value: Sharp SMO1854DS 1.8 CU FT Over The Range Microwave Oven
- Best Smart: Samsung MS14K6000AS/AA MS14K6000 Microwave Ovens
- Best Countertop : Sharp ZSMC2242DS Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave Oven
- Best Design: SIEMENS HF25G5R2 Microwave
Let’s not know about our selected best left-hand microwave.
Comparison Table Of 5 Best Left Handed Microwaves in 2021
If you want to understand each left opening Microwave oven overall idea, this table may be help you, just check the below comparison table and choose the best left handed microwaves
|Toshiba EC042A5C-SS Countertop Microwave Oven||Material: Stainless Steel
Dimensions:21.73 x 21.38 x 12.83 inches
Internal Capacity: 1.5 Cubic Feet
Energy Consumption: 1000 Watts
Warranty: 1 to 5 year
Item Weight: 44.8 Pounds
|Sharp SMO1854DS 1.8 CU FT Over The Range Microwave Oven||Model Name: SHSMO1854DS
Dimensions: 29.9 x 15.9 x 16.3 inches
Capacity: 1.8 Cubic Feet
Energy Consumption: 1100 Cooking Watts
Volts: 120 Volts
Item Weight: 51.1 Pounds
Warranty: 1 to 5 year
|Samsung MS14K6000AS/AA MS14K6000 Microwave Ovens||Model Name: MS14K6000
Color: Stainless Steel
Material: Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 21.8 x 18.6 x 12.3 inches
Item Weight: 62.8 Pounds
Capacity: 1.4 Cubic Feet
Item Weight: 37.5 Pounds
|Sharp ZSMC2242DS Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave Oven||Manufacturer: SHARP
Material: Black Stainless Steel
Measurement: 19.8 x 24.1 x 13.8 inches
Capacity: 2.2 Cubic Feet
Energy Consumption: 1200 Watts
Installation Type: Countertop
Item Weight: 44.8 Pounds
Warranty: 1 to 5 year
|Siemens Mikrowelle HF25G5R2 edelstahl||Brand: Siemens
Dimensions: 12.6 x 23.43 x 15.04 inches
Capacity: 21 Liters
Energy Consumption: 700 Watts
Item Weight: 19000 Grams
Voltage: 230 Volts
1. Toshiba EC042A5C-SS Countertop Microwave Oven
|Voltage||230 V, 60Hz|
|Dimension||21.73 x 21.38 x 12.83 inches|
|Control type||Keypad Button Controls|
This is a Toshiba EC042A5C-SS Countertop with Convection, Smart Sensor,, 1.5 Cu.ft, Stainless Steel Microwave Oven with Sound On/Off Function and LCD Display System.
The microwave is quite suitable for left-handed people. In this Electronic Smart Sensor, with LCD Display
With Child Lock Available control programs. There are also Countertop Installation and 1.5 Cubic Feet . It can be cleaned very quickly as it is stainless steel. In the oven cook programs, you can make any food you like.
- Interface: It has an TFT screen that shows the exact temperature and what cooking mode you are using. It also comes with a lot of presets to choose while you are cooking. So, no need to worry about time and temperature.
- Design: The design of this microwave is different and minimal. You will see no funky stuff but it works perfectly. The design looks attractive and the build quality is also top notch.
- Comes with different cooking modes and settings.
- It has a single nob system to choose the necessary settings.
- The entire body is made of stainless steel.
- It is reliable and a german build product.
- The microwave is a little bit slow, but heats up gradually.
It is a uniquely designed microwave that is perfectly suitable for wall mounts. It comes with a button interface and a button press door open system. Moreover, it has a screen that will notify you all the things you need. Which means the product meets with all the necessary items that a person needs to use it. It is certainly a well built microwave and there is no doubt.
2. Sharp SMO1854DS 1.8 CU FT Over The Range Microwave Oven
|Dimension||29.9 x 15.9 x 16.3 inches|
|Control Type||Auto Touch|
The microwave for the Sharp SHSMO1854DS microwave drawer is quite suitable for left-handed users. It comes with a beautiful design and ease of use.
You can install this microwave oven under any gas wall stove or in the corner of a kitchen if you wish. So, you can efficiently operate the microwave without turning the top if you wish.
Its stainless-steel finish will play a great role in your cabinet and kitchen decor, and it is very easy to clean the device’s stainless-steel finish.
This microwave oven has a capacity of 1100 watts, so you can quickly cook the food of your choice effortlessly. Plus, this microwave drawer is quite thick, so you can make frozen pizza if you want.
Moreover, these microwaves feature 12 sensor cooking settings cheat food, popcorn, potatoes, and you can make the food of your choice without fear if you want.
There are also arrangements where you can keep food warm and delicious for more than 30 minutes.
- Drawer microwave: It is a drawer type microwave, so it naturally sits under the kitchen cabinet. It comes with the perfect shape and design and anyone no matter what hand is preferable can use it.
- Touch control: The control system of this unique microwave is fully touch function. A digital pad is always easier to use rather than manual dials. All the settings are aligned orderly. It helps the user to select the suitable one.
- Automatic Drawer: This microwave comes with an automatic drawer, and it is a life changing feature. You can imagine how easy it has become to use. Just touch the button and it will gradually open itself.
- Different Sensors: All the different sensors that come with this microwave, allows the user to take full advantage of this machine. It is unique and different from all other averaged priced microwaves in the market. The 12 sensors that come with this device work neatly to provide the best service.
- It comes with an automatic hands free drawer.
- All the settings and functions are touch.
- Easy to clean and cook due to the perfect drawer shape.
- Fully stainless steel build material.
- It is a little time consuming to attach the entire machine.
Sharp SHSMO1854DS is a high-quality microwave that is perfect for any type of family. You can use it easily thanks to its shape and features. Moreover, the entire stainless steel build material made it stronger than many other examples you can find in the market. This particular product has a lot of positive reviews from its users.
3. Samsung 1.4 CU FT MS14K6000AS/AA MS14K6000 Speed Ccooking Microwave Ovens
|Dimension||21.8 x 18.6 x 12.3 inches|
|Number of Power Levels||10|
|Control type||Touch controls|
If you think of buying a left-handed microwave for your kitchen at an affordable price, then Samsung 1.4 CU FT MS14K6000AS/AA MS14K6000 is the best choice for you.
On top of that, there is a drop-down door nicely designed with a control panel, and it will provide quite excellent performance for left-handed people.
Moreover, the microwave can efficiently work as both a countertop microwave and a built-in microwave.
If you have enough space for the countertop, you can get the built-in look and install the countertop with a trim kit.
With a 1.4 cu ft 1000-watt cooking capacity, this left-hand microwave glass touch control and large Ice Blue LED display to protect the ceramic enamel interior unit against scratches, ensuring easy cleaning, disinfection, and retaining its luster.
And the ceramic plate comes with grilling material whose slim fry function will allow you to enjoy deep-fried food without using oil.
It features ten auto-cook options; other well-thought-out features like auto defrost, preheats, and eco mode will make your daily cooking process more accessible.
- Interface: Samsung touch interface is very reliable and does not cause any issues. Moreover, the options and different cooking methods are easy to select and the options come as preset.
- Combination Cook: You can use microwave plus convection system and microwave plus grill system. All you have to do is press a button and the microwave will listen to the command. It uses 1000W, 900W(Micro), 1600W(Grill), 1650W(Conv) of power while using a different microwave system.
- Ceramic Enamel Interior: This is no ordinary microwave that will consist of steel or any other material. This microwave oven has a ceramic enamel interior which is extraordinary in this price segment. This is not only superior to normal microwaves, it is one of the best features of it.
- CounterTop: It is a countertop oven meaning you have to attach it on your head level or under your hip level. Moreover, it is a suitable gate system that will give you enough room to insert and take out dishes you have cooked.
- It comes with Ceramic Enamel Interior.
- This microwave has a door system that opens downward.
- The interface is fully touch and water resistant.
- It also comes with a children safety lock.
- It takes time to reheat food.
This is a high quality microwave oven that is perfect for any size family. You can easily cook, grill and roast in it and you don’t have to worry about space. Moreover, the inside of the microwave comes with an anti scratch Ceramic Enamel Interior. It is unique and very few companies come with this feature. It is all in all good product and a suitable choice for anyone.
4. Sharp ZSMC2242DS Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave Oven
|Capacity||2.2 Cubic Feet|
|Dimension||19.8 x 24.1 x 13.8 inches|
|Control type||Sensor Cooking|
The Sharp ZSMC2242DS is one of the top choice left handed microwaves, which you can keep the door open by pulling the handle or touching the auto touch key.
This microwave will be convenient for you if you are looking for left-handed access. An even more significant advantage for left-handed people is that this microwave has a control panel over the drawer.
It comes in a stainless-steel finish, which makes the unit durable and easy to clean.
The stainless-steel microwave with a cooking power of 1200 watts with a capacity of2.2 cubic feet enables the left-door user to handle the microwave household’s cooking needs.
Featuring sensor cook technology with 11 sensors presets, you can create your food choice and share the joy with your family whenever you want.
The Sharp ZSMC2242DS will be an excellent choice for you if you are left-handed.
- Sensor: Cooking becomes easy thanks to 11 sensors that comes pre instructed with the microwave. There is no need for you to guess the time and temperature as you will have different options mentioning popular cooking techniques or recipes.
- Button interface: Button interface is a much safer and easier way to deal with these sorts of machines. Your hands may remain dirty or wet, so the taktile button makes it easier to choose suitable settings. The LED display also lets you know the settings you are using.
- Interior: This microwave comes with a 2.2 cubic feet interior which is big enough for your everyday cooking. It is reliable and the entire area is easy to clean. You will find the place and position of the interior effective while cooking.
- Buttons to control the microwave oven.
- Automatic door open and close option alongside manual.
- Entire drawer is made of stainless steel.
- Spacious interior around 2.2 cubic feet.
- It is difficult to fix if any problem occurs.
This is certainly a very good quality drawer style microwave oven. The build material of the body is stainless steel and thanks to it you can easily clean it. The entire drawer has 16 inches of usable space. It is enough for you to easily cook any type of food you want as long as that compiles with a microwave oven. We have found a lot of positive and good reviews about this one.
4. Siemens Mikrowelle HF25G5R2 Microwave Oven
|Voltage||230 V, 60Hz|
|Dimension||382 x 595 x 320 mm|
|Control type||Button controls|
This microwave is an 1100-watt capacity and a 12.4-inch glass turntable done, which left-handed microwave users can use effortlessly.
The interior is rich in stylish stainless steel with an internal dimension (WHD) of 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inches: 13.07 x 15 x 9.5 inches.
It has a touch popcorn button, and two defrost settings custom defrost. It also has a 1 pound auto defrost, power-saving eco mode, and safety child protection lock.
With ten settings, you can make your favorite food like pizza, potatoes, vegetables, and many more popular dishes.
If you wish to mute the microwave buzzer, press the “8” microwave door switch for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer hearing a beep will turn off automatically.
- Lots of cooking systems:It comes with a lot of cooking systems and options. All of them have different levels even if they are in grill mode or convection mode. You will get 10 cook controls, 3 defrosting programs (Automatic), 4 cooking programs (Automatic), 3 combination programs (Automatic), 2 memory locations and 3 microwave power levels.
- Inverter mode: Inverter mode has made it faster and more energy efficient. This is a revolutionary technology that has changed the energy consumption factor. It is easy to engage and the foods will cook faster than ever.
- Interface: The interface comes with tactile buttons which look amazing on the door. Moreover, the door is quite unique and you have to press a button to open it. You will also see, the design looks great and the LED display showing all the necessary information.
- The build quality of the microwave oven is top notch.
- It comes with unique features and different power levels.
- It has an inverter system that saves energy but cooks faster.
- Unique design and easy interface.
- The usable space inside the microwave is small.
It comes with a different approach to the traditional design of any microwave. This unique microwave comes with a traditional Side-opening revolving door. Moreover, it is capable of different cooking systems and works much faster than others in this segment. It is overall a neat product and we do recommend it for you.
Buying Guide- How to Buy Right Left Handed Microwave
Manufacturers are also reluctant to make more than one, as microwaves left hand door Is rare for left-handed microwave users. In most cases, the status is not satisfactory for a microwave designed for the right hand of left-handers.
But no worries, there are left hand microwaves options for drop-down doors and microwaves with microwave drawers that allow users to enjoy great performance.
This type of microwave has a control door at the top that opens at the bottom so that left handed people can use this type of microwave effortlessly.
Plus, you can follow their page to get your left hand microwave. They will definitely help you to solve your problem.
If they can’t provide you left-handed microwave, they will solve your problem by giving you, its option.
What Does Left Hand Microwaves Mean?
In common parlance, we mean left hand microwave to use the left hand. The left hand microwave is actually the right hand wrist microwave whose door swings to the right and the control or wrist to the right.
This type of microwave is best for left-handed users who can quickly bring clarity to their cooking and increase their interest in cooking.
Reasons for Left Handed Microwave Production:
The real reason for the production of left-handed microwaves is the ease of use of left-handed people and the reason for not opening the microwave door on the right side of the kitchen.
In this type of microwave, the door is on the opposite side of the left hand, so the door is opened by pulling the left hand towards itself, and its controls are located on the right side of the unit.
Among these ovens are the legacy microwave ovens used for commercial use since the late 40’s whose doors open upwards and downwards (like a breadbox-style) like a conventional oven.
Manufacturers later removed its controls from the top of the unit to the right to make it compact for kitchen countertops. Rich microwaves with small rectangular designs are being used in most homes.
It was decided in 1981 that one of the interlocks of a government mandate must be effectively mechanized because food must be spoiled if a safety measure is not required to ensure that the magnet is closed if the door is open.
Needless to say, the breadbox-style door closes with a spring-loaded excitement that wasn’t desirable. The door had to be “locked” during work. Which often causes huge inconvenience to the user.
To address this issue, manufacturers have updated the microwave oven’s design so that its latch will be located closer to the control system, allowing the door to make a left handed reverse swing so that the controls can be used effortlessly on the right side.
How Does A Microwave Oven Work?
Microwaves are usually used to make or heat food. Let’s not know how microwaves work….
The microwave heats your food from the inside bypassing electromagnetic radiation through the food. The source of this electromagnetic ionizing radiation is the magnet inside the microwave.
It is good to know that the frequency of radiation is higher than that of radio waves but lower than that of infrared light.
The magnet easily converts electricity from the power grid into microwaves with higher frequencies than radio waves. This ensures that the food inside the microwave rotates continuously in a circular motion to heat your food.
The reflective surfaces inside the stove bounce in different directions, and the waves generated during the movement pass through the food, and the waves vibrate the food molecules.
The more waves that flow through the molecules, the faster they vibrate and generate heat. So, it can be said that the waves heat the food with energy.
However, microwaves heat water molecules at a faster rate. So, it can be said that it heats up harder or quicker than with food. Microwaves usually cannot penetrate deep into food, so the inside of the food is cooked through the vehicle.
So, keep in mind that you have to wait a long time before the temperature inside the food reaches the cooking microwave.
Is there a better way to distinguish between left-wing microwaves and right-wing microwaves?
Of course, there is.
We all understand left handed microwaves to open doors on the left side, just as right-wing microwaves mean right-wing openings.
And without delay, the left and right microwave china don’t know the details of the way.
The control of left-handed microwaves or left hand opening microwaves means that the wrist is on the right side of the microwave so that the door can be easily opened on the right side by holding the wrist.
If you do not have enough space in the kitchen to open the door on the left side and if you feel more comfortable working with the left hand, then the left-hand microwave is the best for you.
On the other hand, Right-hand microwaves are controlled on the left side so that the door can be easily opened on the right side by holding the wrist.
If you do not have enough space in the kitchen to open the door on the right side and if you feel more comfortable working with the right hand, then the right-side microwave is the best for you.
FAQS– Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much extra radiation would be exposed if the hand was ever left on the right after turning off the microwave?
Ans: Yes, but you will be exposed to less radiation.
Microwave ovens will never hurt you without the ability to heat them.
2. What would actually happen if you did some microwaves without left hand doors?
Ans: The reason for having microwaves with left hand doors are to reflect towards the food. If you have a very powerful router on your kitchen counter, it spreads power from all sides.
Remember, if you have 12 old 100-watt doors open in your house, they will release as much heat as you feel from the microwave.
Microwaves do not have the necessary functionality; they are not very efficient; in a word, they do not work well.
The magnet inside it emits microwaves in random directions, so the microwaves scatter all over your kitchen.
It can certainly melt if your food is close enough, but in many cases, microwaves will simply lean around until they hit the water molecule.
3. Is the reverse microwave a left-handed microwave?
Ans: Not at all. Unlike microwaves, microwaves are very different from ordinary microwaves.
We all know that microwave reheats or cook’s food electrically, but the opposite is true of microwaves.
It sometimes processes solid food but helps to cool hot water very quickly. That water is absolutely safe to drink.
We have tried our best to introduce you to the left hand microwave for your convenience. Sadly, left-handed microwaves are rare, so buyers often run out of stock before they can buy a microwave.
So, if you can follow the microwave page of your choice, it will be convenient for you to purchase.
In addition, microwaves with drop-down doors and microwave drawers can serve as an alternative to your left handed microwave.
- How to Turn Off Microwave Beep?
- Why are Microwaves So Loud?
- How to Deal with Oven Heating Element Broken in Half?
- Can You Microwave Red Solo Cups?
- What Would Happens If You Leaving Oven On
- Are Solo Cups Microwavable?
- The 5 Best Microwave For the Blind Person
- Mute Microwave
- Microwave without Turntable
- Double Ovens Side by Side
- Silent Microwave
- Starbucks Oven